First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I AM eating my heart out! It looks to me like you have a chocolate... Looks just like my Tomahawk.
Or maybe a turken.....????

I have no meatball news.

But I have turkey news! Check this out...

I am sure DH will be remiss at the unflattering picture, but seriously. He and Dinner are pals. I think we are having an overgrown meatball for Thanksgiving this year.
I never expected to love turkeys so much. They are awesome.
We have the hunting tent set up in the back yard right now (long story) and were all camping out there last night. Guess who heard us an came to roost on the cots with us... 3 turkeys!

I told you turkeys were way cooler than chickens. People think I am nuts when I say if I had to chose one, it would be the turkeys. They have so much more personality than the chickens.....Besides they are so stupid they remind my of my in laws....

I just read A little about the cross's!! Very cool and interesting.
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Guineas/BRKGuinHybrid.html

Isn't it amazing..

And I readily admit I could be wrong, I read about them a few months ago, and when I saw the picture of penguin thought it was not normal. It could just be a weird turkey. BUT I do not have the turkeys to make that combination. IF by some chance JJ could have fathered it, he would have to have sperm that lived over 2 months in the hen to do so. NOW JJ is super turkey so maybe... The only way I will know for sure is to see it grow up.

Isn't it amazing..

And I readily admit I could be wrong, I read about them a few months ago, and when I saw the picture of penguin thought it was not normal. It could just be a weird turkey. BUT I do not have the turkeys to make that combination.  IF by some chance JJ could have fathered it, he would have to have sperm that lived over 2 months in the hen to do so.    NOW   JJ is super turkey so maybe... The only way I will know for sure is to see it grow up.

I do not have any guinea's or peas! Not saying I don't want them lol. Now seeing these cool birds, things may change around here!!

Back
Top Bottom