First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Nugget- Can you call a different local feed store and see about them ordering for you? That is what I do. I don't do more than 20ish at a time. Also, the CX lay brown eggs too. Pearl's eggs were lighter than the others in the flock, but still not white. And they were a good size!!

Well, I will be off on the Great American/Canadian Road Trip tomorrow. I have to admit, I am worried about our birds. Only because I don't believe anyone can take care of them well enough. I thought my neighbor could, but after the fox incident (completely not her fault....) I have reservations.
We have people staying at our house most of the time we are gone though, so maybe that will rest my weary mind.

I know we don't have internet up at the place in Canada, so I will have to bid you adieu. Notice how I threw in a French word... I am brushing up for the vacation. Well, really I only know 6 French words. So I am pretending to brush up.
Ralph, please keep my stool at the bar dust free. I know I can trust you with this. Holm, don't turn 21 while I am gone, I need to be present when we serve you your first non-Shirley Temple.
Can't wait to see how the fuzzbutts have grown by the time I get back!

Have a good trip!

Please watch the Canadian Beer, it can sneak up on you. I will put a dust cover over your stool....

Red nugget I get mine from Hoover Hatchery hooverhatchery.com I think is the URL. I have no idea if they have a minimum order number..

Nugget- Can you call a different local feed store and see about them ordering for you?  That is what I do.  I don't do more than 20ish at a time.  Also, the CX lay brown eggs too.  Pearl's eggs were lighter than the others in the flock, but still not white.  And they were a good size!!

Well, I will be off on the Great American/Canadian Road Trip tomorrow.  I have to admit, I am worried about our birds.  Only because I don't believe anyone can take care of them well enough.  I thought my neighbor could, but after the fox incident (completely not her fault....) I have reservations.
We have people staying at our house most of the time we are gone though, so maybe that will rest my weary mind.

I know we don't have internet up at the place in Canada, so I will have to bid you adieu.  Notice how I threw in a French word... I am brushing up for the vacation.  Well, really I only know 6 French words.  So I am pretending to brush up.
Ralph, please keep my stool at the bar dust free.  I know I can trust you with this.  Holm, don't turn 21 while I am gone, I need to be present when we serve you your first non-Shirley Temple.
I will do that and have a great trip. Prayers for your safe return on the way

Nugget- Can you call a different local feed store and see about them ordering for you? That is what I do. I don't do more than 20ish at a time. Also, the CX lay brown eggs too. Pearl's eggs were lighter than the others in the flock, but still not white. And they were a good size!!

Well, I will be off on the Great American/Canadian Road Trip tomorrow. I have to admit, I am worried about our birds. Only because I don't believe anyone can take care of them well enough. I thought my neighbor could, but after the fox incident (completely not her fault....) I have reservations.

I know we don't have internet up at the place in Canada, so I will have to bid you adieu. Notice how I threw in a French word... I am brushing up for the vacation. Well, really I only know 6 French words. So I am pretending to brush up.
Ralph, please keep my stool at the bar dust free. I know I can trust you with this. Holm, don't turn 21 while I am gone, I need to be present when we serve you your first non-Shirley Temple.
Bon Voyage MM! Have a safe and wonderful trip, and take some good Canadian Chicken Pictures to share with us!

Nugget - There is a WI Poultry Facebook Group that I stalk (er....watch) for new fluffers, not that I've bought any yet. I wonder if your area has something like that? You could put out an In Search OF (ISO) and see what you get.

Back
Top Bottom