First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Well after a day of recovery I'm back with the living. The hang over is gone. The owner of the dogs is up on charges. Apparently he has been told to vaccinate his dogs and pen them up. We all rent from same lady. She has 42 properties on our road. She is evicting him for not complying with her rules. All large dogs to be penned up or fenced in. And only 1 not 3. Dogs must go if police are called about them. She said she told him to take care of this already this summer. Now police have been called a 3rd time and violence occurred so he has to move.
I actually agree with Das Hens Ideas. We trap and relocate any predators including gaters. There was just no stopping the carnage. We don't have a fence to enclose our yard. Just a privacy fence along the side to divide the property from the man next door. He put it up about 30 yrs ago so it really doesn't stop things from getting in any more. But gives him his privacy. The dogs just showed up and started pouncing on chickens. The older kids tried to hit them with rakes and shovels but they didn't stop. Then they went after any animal that got in there way. My dog and cats were just trying to get the dogs to stop. I never had to kill anything before. The shotgun is really only around to stop people if they threaten us. We have a stand your ground law and living so close to a city with a high home invasion crime rate. We got the gun about 10 yrs ago.

Not sure if I will replace my flock right away. I might have to wait till spring. We will be fencing in our yard this fall. That will cut free ranging down to 1 aker. We have also been thinking about buying our own land. Out in the wilderness some were. Away from all the people. The crime rate here has skyrocketed. Savannah is not a huge metropolis like Atlanta but murder rate per capita is higher. Lately 2-3 a day. My friend Wendy and I have been living a commune lifestyle for about 6 yrs now. So we are looking for a place for both families. After working at the jail I've gotten even more paranoid and the crime is getting closer to our quiet neighborhood.

Not sure if I will replace my flock right away. I might have to wait till spring. We will be fencing in our yard this fall. That will cut free ranging down to 1 aker. We have also been thinking about buying our own land. Out in the wilderness some were. Away from all the people. The crime rate here has skyrocketed. Savannah is not a huge metropolis like Atlanta but murder rate per capita is higher. Lately 2-3 a day. My friend Wendy and I have been living a commune lifestyle for about 6 yrs now. So we are looking for a place for both families. After working at the jail I've gotten even more paranoid and the crime is getting closer to our quiet neighborhood.

Can I join this commune?
I hear there's a lot of large areas 22+ acre lots for sale if northern Florida.. Which is I believe a short distance from there in retrospect

Can I join this commune?
I hear there's a lot of large areas 22+ acre lots for sale if northern Florida.. Which is I believe a short distance from there in retrospect

To join the commune you must bring skills:
I am the nurse and care for all things that don't need a doc. And a few that should.
DH is a carpenter and sniper
Wendy is the teacher and home schools the kids. Accept Paul and Tray. They are disabled and the school here is great for them.
Wendy's DH is a mechanic and sevivalist.
And well our sons make up critter control Steve Erwin is their hero. And for the one girl she's the nanny.

Any qualifications?

Last edited:
See though, you are now happy to have the witch and her horses next door instead of me and my skunks... It could always be worse.
Oh no, I'm not happy to have her but I didn't write those codes. You could probably have 170 skunks according to the code but no other animals. If you had 50 chickens, you could have 120 skunks. The skunks would probably have to be properly caged up as well. Haha!

Oh no, I'm not happy to have her but I didn't write those codes. You could probably have 170 skunks according to the code but no other animals. If you had 50 chickens, you could have 120 skunks. The skunks would probably have to be properly caged up as well. Haha!

NO NO NO.. I believe in free ranging my skunks. A caged skunk is an unhappy skunk. Even 170 unhappy skunks can make life unpleasant on 10 acres.

Back
Top Bottom