First, Second, Third and on and on Incubator hatch help appreciated

Samantha and I candled the eggs tonight day 2 1/2. The 14 silkie eggs all had attached air sacks and smaller sacks too. The brahmas were another story. Of the 11, 5 had detached air sacks, or say floppy not all the way attached. 5 looked good with attached air sacks. And the last looked scrambled. We turn turners on for the good eggs . its set to the lest amount of turns i can do. That is once every 3 hours or every 180 mins. We removed one rack and the floppy eggs went into half a egg carton sat on the floor. I also adjusted the humidity down to 35%. Next candling at 7 days.
Hope to see all air sacks attached and bigger sack too.

Scott

ok So we did our 7 day candling. Excited and bummed all at the same time.

We pulled theses......................
bad egg.jpg

bad egg1.jpg

and these we marked to look at 10 days...........
egg1.jpg

egg3.jpg

Now looking at this pic 3 looks like a blood ring. but a lot of our brahmas were like picture 4. and pic 4 stumbles us. almost looks clear still like not fertile???? but don't know.

When we cracked open eggs 1 and 2 they were scrambled. egg 2 had started to develop a small chick but for whatever reason (I assume rough shipping) it died.

Well we like to here what everyone thinks especially on egg pic 4.
Scott

sorry for day 7 late post. But today was day 10 and we Had some eggs set aside with"?" that we wanted to give a few more day and look at.
We compared two eggs one brahma one silkie that were not ? to the one we had a question about. I didn't get any pics of those but the was crazy amount of movement in those eggs.
We pulled 3 for blood rings and inspected them in bowels, there was no foul smell so although they were dead probable not that long.
blood rings..........................
bad egg3.jpg

bad egg4.jpg

and then a few we put back in although I don't think on next candling day 15 for us we will se anything different in these.
not sure 3.jpg

no sure.jpg

not sure1.jpg

not sure 4.jpg

well there you have the bad and what looks scrambled or non fertilized I believe. Out of the 11 brahma eggs we still have 4 good ones and 3 off the not sure look non fertile ones above. Out of 14 silkies we have 12 very active eggs. Not sure at this point but We may not be able to order eggs from Florida again were as the ones from new York are still 12/14.
Either way I'm not jumping to conclusions yet.

Scott

Last edited:
Oh cant forget this one.It has a crazy air sack. You want to talk about saddle shape this is a text book example the light in the pic if fully shining into the egg. Like in the pic in the previous post what you see white is not the light bleeding off the egg but it is shinning in the air sack..................................................
weird air sack.jpg

I will need to research this as I believe I need to hatch it standing up. Maybe someone can correct me or not. And that is granted it makes it to lockdown. But there was movement in the brahma egg tonight.

Scott

By day 10, you should definitely see some veins, at minimum, unless your light is very weak, which it doesn't appear to be.

Keep in mind on the saddled ones, that whole saddled area is not all air cell. It's also where the air cell has pulled the membrane away from the shell inside. Try focusing on the round air cell itself. i usually circle the saddled air cells, and dot the line around the saddled part.

Well we candles last night day 15. We are down to 3 Brahma eggs left and 11 silkie. I'll be surprised to hatch any Brahma. The eggs were really scrambled in shipping from Florida. Here is a few shots of good eggs at day 17. Most are silkie eggs but 3 are bramhas that I'll post tonight.
20170915_220414_001.jpg
20170915_220915_001.jpg
20170915_221039.jpg
20170915_221154.jpg
20170915_221254.jpg
20170915_221347.jpg

Great vein devolpment and black mass is the silkies. Yea.
Scott

Back
Top Bottom