First set of eggs in today!!

needtohatch

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Hart Co
I put in 29 of our eggs this afternoon! I spent most of the day since trying to get the temp steady again
barnie.gif
. I think I have it now, but it is going to get real cold tonight
sad.png
. Any ideas on if and how many times I should check it tonight? I really want to get this right and have lots of chicks
jumpy.gif

Thanks!

Last edited:
We have a really old drafty house. I put it in the room with the thermistat in as draft free an area as I could find, so it has the best chance of a stable room temp. Just wondering now if I should check it over night (if I can sleep thinking about it) or wait till morning?

I would check it again tonight. Mine has been 99.5 for 2 days now it reads 101.8. Barely turn the nob and it goes to 98.1...its so frustrating!!! I know I can't go to sleep until it holds steady for at leat an hour
caf.gif

I have been checking it every 15 min all afternoon. It would be fine for an hour or so then start going up/down and it would take an other hour to get it to stay put for a while. I think I figured out why about an hour ago, it seems to go up when my turner turns the eggs to the right and down when they go to the left. I think it moves my thermomitor just enough to mess with the reading. I am just going to leave it unless it changes more than 2 degrees. I know I will check it a few times over night.

Back
Top Bottom