first show looming...im freaking out...i have a question PICS ADDED

TK Poultry

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Greencastle, Indiana
my first show is looming and im starting to get nervous and im feeling the crunch so to speak.ive been looking over all of my birds trying to decide who im going to take. im really loving this one little black bantam ameraucana hen but i was really looking her over today and she is growing a nice beard back and she is filling out very nice. i was looking over her wings and one of her wings have been cut!!!
hmm.png
barnie.gif
hide.gif
hu.gif
rant.gif

i dont know what to do....am i going to be able to get her to the april show. i think she might have a chance to do well, and i really want to take her but i want to be in the running not just go and get DQ'ed b/c of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
First take a deep breath. how bad is the cut ? could you post some pics? is the show at the beginning of the month or at the end ( will it have healed by then)

its a pretty bad cut and the show is april 10th but the entry form is due march 30th and i really really think she has a chance. her name is may and she is a doll and she is pretty correct my best hen. ill post pics tomorrow i need to go and hit the hay i have to get up early tomorrow! but hopefully it will be repairable with some work ill have to post a before and after picture of her beard this thing is almost two months in the making if we can get over this feather picking thing then hopefully i can get through this!

This isn't to bring you down but I showed for 4 years before I won ANYTHING, don't feel down if you don't win anything, its normal. Post pics and I will tell if she is any good or PM me, I have years of showing experience.

How long have you had her? If she's been with you for over 6 months, her clipped wing should be molting out by now.

ive had her for about 3 or 4 months i think i got her the end of december early to mid january. im going to post pictures in about 5/10 minutes because i just got home and this was the first thread i checked!

well uploading took a bit longer and i went to get my hair cut so here are the pictures. hope its not too bad
32413_sany1187.jpg

chickenlover54 im posting some other pictures of her pm your thoughts.

Before
32413_ameraucanas_006.jpg

this is her without a beard, and a little smaller

After
32413_sany1194.jpg

this her after with a beard and fuller

Last edited by a moderator:
Hint- if u are going to show birds DO NOT CLIP THEIR WINGS! She doesn't look like she flies much, but i dunno. Eeessh. She won't do well if her wings are clipped. You could take her anyway for the judge to check her out.
Mama to-
2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 2 Silkies, 2 Modern Game Banties, 1 Black Sumatra, 1 Golden Campine, 1 Bearded Buff Laced Polish, and 1 Birchen OEG banty, 1 horse (soon to be 2) 3 cats, 1 dog, and several fish.

I understand that it's only the primaries that are clipped, but the secondaries have been cut on this one! I wouldn't show her, as I imagine it would be DQ'ed. Such a shame!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom