first started egg laying?

chicksrocka

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
My first chicken layed an egg yesterday. I was wondering how often your chickens layed in the first week or two of egg laying. mine that is laying is a 19 week old SLW! thanks for any thoughts.

mine have laid daily since they started, and when they take a day off, I've gotten double yokers the next day, so I must be doing something right
big_smile.png

although, when my original two (about 3 years ago, I didnt have a clue what I was doing them
sad.png
) started they laid really weird shaped eggs, and would lay only 3 or 4 a week till they settled down.

I think as long as your feeding them well and they get plenty of calcium they lay pretty regularly (my first 2 never got extra calcium, I didnt know *shakes head*) but they are just starting, so give her a chance
smile.png

We got eggs off and on once they started for about the first month, then they got more regular. We have 9 "girls" and on average we get 6 eggs a day. a week or so ago we did get 9 eggs two day's in a row. And were getting 8 eggs a day for awhile. Only got 4 today.

Back
Top Bottom