First swim today!

bsshog40

Chirping
May 3, 2024
Omaha, Tx.
Well the ducks are 4 weeks old today. It's in the 80's today so I thought I would let them play in their pen today, especially since I needed to do a good cleaning in their brooder. I put about 4 inches of water in their pool. They took to it pretty good and now hoping they will get themselves nice and clean. Lol
1000007070.jpg

how cold does it get at night? they might be ready to stay outside… i think as long as it’s like 60 degrees or so at night? perhaps even 50, what do you think @Miss Lydia . i mean to me they really look like they’re about ready for it and I was thinking if it’s 80 during the day like it is here today it’s only going down to 60 at night here perhaps where they live is just about the same.?

how cold does it get at night? they might be ready to stay outside… i think as long as it’s like 60 degrees or so at night? perhaps even 50, what do you think @Miss Lydia . i mean to me they really look like they’re about ready for it and I was thinking if it’s 80 during the day like it is here today it’s only going down to 60 at night here perhaps where they live is just about the same.?
Temps have been a little jumpy lately. This is what the weather shows. Storms tomorrow night and definitely not letting them stay out in that. They're only 4 weeks old today. Ya think they are good besides the bad weather tomorrow night? I need to put straw in their house also. I haven't introduced them to the house.
1000007072.jpg

I’d wait till after the storms and let them get used to there house it shouldn’t take more than a couple of days for them to be comfortable in it. They will probably like being out more than you’ll like for them to be out. I am always a nervous wreck when I put my babies out at night for the first time. But I bet they’ll do great!

I’d wait till after the storms and let them get used to there house it shouldn’t take more than a couple of days for them to be comfortable in it. They will probably like being out more than you’ll like for them to be out. I am always a nervous wreck when I put my babies out at night for the first time. But I bet they’ll do great!
Thank you! I'll probably just wait til wknd. Those temps show an odd cool front but will be back to hot and humid next week. Lol

@Miss Lydia So if I move them out in the next few days, I have a couple questions. Our chickens go in the coop at dusk. Should I make the ducks go in their house also? Will they do ok without food and water at nights?
Thanks,
Bobby and @Diva T

Last edited:
My ducks are last to go inside usually an hr after my chickens [usually by 6pm]go inside. They are all in by 7 pm. Most of my ducks and goose are already in but I have a few that would probably stay out till dark but 7pm is bedtime. You may have to encourage for a while but eventually they get into a routine and they like routine.
They will not need food and water over night. Most of us do not put food and water inside. Way to messy.

Back
Top Bottom