First thing each morning

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by wasatusay, Jan 6, 2010.

1. wasatusay

wasatusay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    This was before the weather got so down right cold. Just figured I would share some of my kids in moving video instead of still shots. The ducks now have their own little condo inside the night pen. The little condo I built over the weekend. But I still tarp the night pen for wind protection in the cold months. May not be beautiful but it works when it needs to.
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/DCINSC/?action=view&current=Firstthingeachmorning.flv
    Forgot to add, at this hour I am usually in pjs, boots and on chilly days usually have a lap blanket wrapped around me. Gives passer by's going to work something to do a double take for LOL!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Thanks for sharing! I love seeing all the different shapes, sizes and colors--and sounds too.[​IMG]

3. MommaBean

MommaBean Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2009
    Which rooster sounds like a monkey? I love it! And I adore your ducks!

4. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

That was fun! Thanks for sharing your chores. TErri O in WI--where the dhicks did not want to go out this morning!

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Thanks for sharing!

6. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    very good video. love all the colors.
    poor duck. but at least he/she can still get around.
    the whiter colored roo foolzer dont see like the hens like him a whole lot. hes pretty though. kinda looks like when he does his rooster dance he looks at you to see if hes doing it right cause the hens run from him. funny.

7. wasatusay

wasatusay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Thanks all. The lame duck Baboose hatched lame, she is about or over 3 years old now and gets around great. Had to baby her the first couple weeks but after that she was fine. She still gets extra treats since she uses more energy than the other girls.
    Foolzer is the one that sounds like a monkey..lol. He was hatched last April fools day, Son of Big daddy Cletis and my black EE hen (Leon) ? thought she was a he when little but the name fit so I kept it.
    I plan on more hens this spring, so Foolzer will have his own girls. The girls I have all know Big daddy Cleits is the big man in the yard so they stick with him. Foolzer keeps an eye everyone since he is kind of low man on the totem pole. Even the bantam roos have higher rank than he does..poor boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by