First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

Here are the pretty girls today
263a.png
Notice the runt in the middle..she was the sick one who had a rough start.

So great to hear!

And yes, I sent my cousin to the store to grab me some Corid.... luckily it was only $21, but I would have paid whatever because we were desperate to save our chick and the rest of our flock. Now I have learned and keep some of the basics on hand.

I set the water tank up on bricks. It isn't full proof, but it keeps it cleaner.

I do this too. Up on bricks, and then when they get older, I stack it two bricks high. They can sure kick back a lot of stuff and it goes flying. 2 bricks high prevents most messes now, but occasionally they still manage to kick it all around. I also don't use pine shavings, so maybe that helps. I use pure wood pellets as their bedding.

Ok, how do you all keep the water clean? Within 5 minutes of me putting new water in, they have it full of Shavings!!
1f629.png

I put mine up on an upside down Tupperware container which helps with the shavings, however they now like to roost on top of the water bottle so they are pooping in it! I keep telling them ladies you don't poop where you eat/drink, but chickies don't care! So if anyone has any suggestions for that please share. Thanks!

Last edited:
Mine are just over three weeks now, and they are roosting on top of the water bottle and feed bottle...yes-pooling in it,...and fighting over the roost! LOL. I'm going to have to give them a perch

Back
Top Bottom