First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

It's been fun watching how differently they all feather out. White is the only one who has quite a lot of feathering in to do (he looks silly compared to the other ones lol). And how differently the boys develop. Their combs all looked a bit different when they first started sprouting up.

Blooie--love your heating pad cave!!
GardenNut-this is a first for us too. My husband and I kept saying "Did you see that white bird? I don't think it's a dove...." He researched white birds--but didn't find anything. I posted it on a poultry group on fb and many researched more and found it's albino--it has red eyes. It hangs out with robins. It's been here for a few months.

Our Silkies are a week old now. More skittish and energetic than the BOs were at this age...but man are they cute. Not great quality, but we love them.

Green
enhance

Black
enhance

Yellow
enhance

White
enhance

Purple
enhance

Red
YmL6PE8.jpg

[/IMG]

Finally got the run enclosed today! My 3 BO's and 4 Australorps (7 weeks old) will be joined by the 5 EE's and 4 red leghorns (3 weeks old) in a couple of weeks. Excited for them all to be together and see how they do. The big girls are quite tame and have nice temperaments, but we'll see how they react to the babies. I'm loving the chicken life!
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f414.png

[/IMG]
Our girls took their first trip outside. They are just over four weeks old. We are hustling to finish the coop so they can move outside once they have their feathers and the temp here stays steady. My girl Claire came over as soon as I entered the run. She is very friendly and enjoys being held.

This is so awesome!! Hopefully one day Mt girls warm up to me like this

Last edited:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7362210/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/IMG]

Finally got the run enclosed today! My 3 BO's and 4 Australorps (7 weeks old) will be joined by the 5 EE's and 4 red leghorns (3 weeks old) in a couple of weeks. Excited for them all to be together and see how they do. The big girls are quite tame and have nice temperaments, but we'll see how they react to the babies. I'm loving the chicken life!
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f414.png

Which breed is this one?! I feel like Louise looks very similar to her.

Back
Top Bottom