First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

My two sicilian buttercups turned a week old yesterday, so that called for a pic of course :)

Okay you guys ready for picture overload!!??

First my favorite. Sicilian Buttercup 1/1

Buff Laced Polish 1/1

Easter Eggers (all 4 are different shades of chipmunk!!)

True Blue Whiting (confirmed feather sexed girls yay)
My second favorite chick is #4.

Golden Laced Polish

Coockoo Marans 1/5 (ordered 4)

Black Austrolorp 1/4 (order 1 R 2 H got 2 R 2H)

Ancona 1/6

Mottled Houdan 1/3 (They replaced my white crested polish with these guys and I wasn't too thrilled but at least they refunded my money for them since I had said no substitutions except with other chickens from my order. Will probably sell these gals)

All chicks doing well. Only 4/30 have minor pastey butt but no new stickies from what I can tell!! Happy new mommy here!

My pretty girl Claire and her sisters are five weeks old today. We are sad because they all had features that allowed us to identify them but they are starting to look so similar. The dark marks in their beaks have changeand light fur is coming in as dark feathers. My son had marked my Claire as his Tiny. We only realized the mistake when I put my arm in and she came to me and spent the rest of the visit on my lap in some of her favorite positions. We sure do love these girls but are looking forward to moving them outside. The smell of 12 chicks in a brooder is getting to be a bit much.
1f601.png

My husband has been out of state for work since before the chicks arrived. He hasn't even been home for 24hrs and he has already called me the crazy chicken lady
1f602.png
1f602.png
oh well lol

Back
Top Bottom