First time chicken and duck owner!

I think the name Mary POOPINS says it all. Before you know it, they will be fully feathered out and can be in a coop and out of your house. Meanwhile step outside often, and inhale some fresh air
gig.gif

I am a newbie to the chicken world also. My chicks and ducks are supposed to be here the middle of next week...8 silver lace Wyandotte, 8 golden lace Wyandotte, 3 blue lace red Wyandotte and 6 Rouen ducks. I am looking at a little bigger scale than you are, but our coop was already on our property sitting empty and kind of worn out so I decided to put it to good use. We have ended up taking out the framing for the doors and windows and putting in new because the boards were rotten, but the main structure is clay tile so it is pretty tight and safe. We also had to pull out the wood floor because those boards were rotten and chewed through by rats. We are pouring concrete next weekend so the coop will be ready about a week after my chickies and ducks arrive. I am super excited.

We have a couple of RIRs and 4 red stars (sexlinks?). They are so fun to have around. We just started getting eggs!!! Yay!

Back
Top Bottom