First time chicken owner from ms.

Dixie_Doll

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Hello everyone, I've recently taken in some abandoned chickens ,5 hens and a rooster. This is my first time owning chickens so if ya'll could give me some advice on feed and how to produce good eggs I'd be very thankful.
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! That is great that you "rescued" some chickens. You will find tons of great information on there. I think you will find that the right feed will go a long way to giving you good eggs. Most feed stores sell a specific "layer" feed. We use pellets and they work great.

Welcome to BYC! We are glad you joined! If you can free range it will help cut down on the feed bill and I think the eggs are better from free range chickens
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas, Dixie_Doll!
celebrate.gif
Glad you joined the forum! Do a little research on the various forums and you will find more chicken info than you know what to do with! My best advice is that chickens relieve stress, not cause it, so enjoy them!
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Thanx everyone. I didn't know what breed they were so I did some research and found out their game chickens, I know their more for show, but will the hens produce good eggs?

Back
Top Bottom