First time chicken owner in DFW Texas!

Egglover - I sure hope that isn't the case. I actually called the city and got the list of requirements and he didn't mention anything to me about the size of property (or size of coop etc). I have stuck with everything he said (limit, sex, distance from neighbors) but I know someone in my neighborhood who has way more than allowed, and it's even with a chain link fence for all to see (and a rooster too). If you have neighbors who are against the idea, that's when it would be a problem. I am out every morning doing my daily cleaning up etc. so practice good husbandry too.

We are wanting more chickens (to be worthwhile as far as having fresh eggs), so this was our "teaching experience" before we move to my property in E. Tx - I can have whatever I want out there.

Thanks for the good info!! I am on my honeymoon also!! We married 5/12! Loving this life! He wants Chickens too!

Thanks for the GREAT Photos!! Great Ideas!! Anytime you need help looking for that Land, call me, I service the McKinney area. I am a Licensed Texas Real Estate Agent! Would love to help!! 214-563-7479 Trisha

Back
Top Bottom