First time chicken owner

velocity4420

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 21, 2014
This is my first time raising chickens. I bought 8 from a gentleman about a week ago. He didn't know what breed they were....can anyone identify them? Also whether they'll be hens or roosters.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You can post some pics of them in our What Breed section for lots of help with them....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours!

Thanks for the insight! I tried to start a thread there but it will not upload my pics. It will say it's embedding image but then nothing shows up. Any idea what's wrong?

You may need more posts before you can upload..used to be that way anyway. Not sure now.

yep some times you will need to upload a hand full of photos into your photo album to get it to work but we really need to see your chicks to tell you if we can identify them for you .......

One of your young roosters after eating .........

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I hope you can figure out how to get pics of your birds posted and that most of your birds are hens. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom