First time chicken owner

StarTan VA

In the Brooder
May 18, 2015
Virginia
Hey everybody first time chicken owners here our girls are between 2-3 weeks old now. 8 birds. RIR, barred rocks, Easter eggers, and auatralorp mixes. This forum has been a huge help since we first got them. Coop and run is almost built and ready for the girls and one possible roo. Great information here!

welcome-byc.gif
Hey there!! This site IS amazing and highly addicting too! It sounds like you have some great breed there to start with! I want some Easter Eggers so bad but I think I'll stick with what I have for now. I have 3 Cherry Eggers, 1 Barred Rock, and 1 Black Australorp (probably my favorite). They are almost 8 weeks old and already getting so big. I have an adult bantam hen (who lays an egg everyday!!
yesss.gif
) and a bantam rooster (not sure of their breed yet). I never knew raising chickens could be so fun!!
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Those are great breeds. I have an easter egger. I've always wanted barred rocks and australorps.

Good luck with your flock and finishing up the coop. Feel free to ask any questions.

Back
Top Bottom