First Time Chicken Tenders

rjwhit4881

Chirping
Apr 5, 2020
SW Michigan
Hello,

We are new to chickens this spring. We adopted 8 Easter Eggers about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Always wanted chickens but didn't have the time to raise chicks. This year, with the extra time, we decided to go for it. We have three children 8, 5 and 3. Or three year old daughter is all about them. Future crazy chicken lady.
We adopted a 4 year old Blue Nose Pit about a year and a half ago. She is a big baby. She is curious and gentle so far with the chicks. Although jealous whenever we have a chick out and she isn't getting all the attention.
I've spent the last week or so building a coop. I really liked the style of the Daisy Coop I've seen here and on other sites. I took that look and built it with 8' landscape timbers. I'm not a carpenter or woodsmith. I'm still working on it. I kinda winged it. I sketched it out but didn't really calculate measurements so I made some changes as o went. I'm about 90% done and will have to go back and fix/modify a few things. I'll post the most recent progress pic now then do a start to finish post when it's done.

We will be here often I'm sure,

Roger & Shannon

Attachments

• IMG_8772.jpg
    IMG_8772.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8773.jpg
    IMG_8773.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Resized_20200401_101019_capture.jpeg
    Resized_20200401_101019_capture.jpeg
    932.1 KB · Views: 10