First time chickens, I think I got scammed?

They are all easter eggers or so the lady said. Number 1 and 4 are definitely the crowers as I've seen them do it. Number 3 is Hennifer and this morning I saw her crow or atleast what I perceive it to be.

None of them actually sound like a rooster crow that I've heard. More of a scream type sound but they stand up really tall and do a weird neck thing while making the sound so I'm assuming it's their baby crows.
Yes, what you describe is definitely a baby crow. I'm so sorry.

As often as I hear stories like these, if I buy from someone hatching, I just tell them I’ll take a group of x birds. I plan on half being Roos. Then I hope for the best.

If they aren’t autosexing birds I haven’t seen anyone reliably identify them that young.

Assuming you meant 12 weeks, not months?

Chicken 5 might work out. The rest are Roos.

Not gonna say you got scammed, but the wing thing didn’t work too well. 😢
I agree, other than #6 gives me pause, I'm uncertain about him/her, comb is red but at that age, I've had Pullets lay at 15.5 weeks and the coloring is spectacular, maybe I'm just hoping for you that you have a minimum of 2 pullets :confused:

I'm so sorry that happened to you.😟 I'm attached to mine too, and you can't help but have a favorite sometimes. I'm not an expert by a long shot. But.. a few of my neighbors have roosters, and half of my hens try their best to mimic the sounds. It's crazy to hear the attempts. Sometimes they sound cute others sound like screams of distress. Perhaps there is still hope for one or two of the "crowers". 🤞

Just wanted to add some new pictures that I think are a little better than the originals. Do these 2 still seem like roos?
20230706_113949.jpg
20230706_114151.jpg
20230706_113736.jpg

Back
Top Bottom