first time chickens Rant/learning curve

I believe it was '89, I had only been driving a few years. There was an unusually hard freeze when I was very young - we still had ribbons tied around trees for the hostages being held in Iran, but I wasn't driving then, so don't recall if they shut down the Interstates.
Way before my time, but that sounds crazy!

So i’ve had chickens for a few months now and i’ve been obsessed with them!! I absolutely fell in love with owning chickens and doing research as I go, but the more research i do the more complicated/discouraging it gets. I’ve been reading more about diseases and illnesses chickens can get and there’s just SO many. It’s overwhelming to be honest. What I worry about specifically is avian influenza. As of now I don’t know too much about it but it seems pretty serious, and i mostly worry about me or my family getting it. Don’t know how possible that is. Since i live in FL there is some outbreaks here i believe. If anyone has any advice or information for me on this type of stuff that would be great, i’m just so discouraged rn😭 I don’t really go anywhere that has chickens/birds in general. But my chickens do free range a lot of the day. It’s just so overwhelming when you have a lot of information thrown at you, but you’re still new to owning chickens and have barely any idea of what’s happening lol. So yeah rant over, just need some words of encouragement and advice on how to keep me and my flock safe. Also, does anyone else feel like this 😂?

The best way to respond to fear is just be fearlessly, Our Chickens are strong and come with natural immunity, I use DE, all kinds of herbs and beneficial plant based supplements, I can tell you a lot of the worries and concerns are needless… enjoy your ladies and watch them thrive 😀👍🐣

Back
Top Bottom