First time coop build

Afternoon shade is good.

Familiar with that gorgeous area.
Here's how(forgot to post before):
View attachment 3481176
sorry to hijack but i am also in upstate ny (albany area) and regarding your comment about afternoon shade...in cold climates, will morning sun be enough? i am locating our coop/run in a part of the yard that has trees and afternoon shade. it is high ground and protected from high wind etc on 3 sides.

sorry to hijack but i am also in upstate ny (albany area) and regarding your comment about afternoon shade...in cold climates, will morning sun be enough? i am locating our coop/run in a part of the yard that has trees and afternoon shade. it is high ground and protected from high wind etc on 3 sides.
Would be best to start a new thread about your coop plans, site conditions, and climate.

I'm just east of Albany in Old Chatham. Had one coop that got morning sun, and another that got afternoon sun. I didn't see any difference in activity between the two during the winter. If it was too cold/windy for one flock not to come out into the run, it was the same for the other.

Back
Top Bottom