First time cornish rock

What are your goals? Are you raising for meat, may keeping some back for out cross? Meat type birds need good feed and a good feeding program. Tractor Supply has some good products as far as feed goes, but I have never raised one of their chicks.
I raise my own.

yes raising for meat first time. Iv,e been taking their food away at night and giving back to them in morning. they surprise me of how much they can eat. got them on starter and was planning on getting them on flock feed. something Iv,e read but new at this so up to suggesting

yes raising for meat first time. Iv,e been taking their food away at night and giving back to them in morning. they surprise me of how much they can eat. got them on starter and was planning on getting them on flock feed. something Iv,e read but new at this so up to suggesting
If you are raising for meat, but want an older bird keep going with you plan. Sounds good

I'm getting 105 Cornish cross cockerels in May. First time ever raising chickens. The key to raising them to be 10-12 weeks old is feed restriction. For the first 14 days of their life I plan on giving them 20% starter feed, as much as they can eat. After 14 days they will be fed in the morning and evening on a 16% feed. But only as much as they can eat in an hour or so. They will be free range within a large poultry fenced area starting at 4 weeks old.

mine our a week old and I take away their feed every night around 8 oclock and give it back to them by 7 in morning . they attack the feed like hogs never seen anything like it before in my life. my layers were nothing like that at all.
night and day...105 wow that's a lot keep us updated

mine our a week old and I take away their feed every night around 8 oclock and give it back to them by 7 in morning . they attack the feed like hogs never seen anything like it before in my life. my layers were nothing like that at all.
night and day...105 wow that's a lot keep us updated

I plan on taking a picture each day to track their progress and putting it in a slide show. Each picture lasting 1 second. 70 seconds total. And taking random weights of 10 of them each day

Back
Top Bottom