First time dealing with sick chicken! Help please!

Still have her inside. She pooped light yellow diarrhea, she's still panting & she does look a little pale.
It may be heat related as @Obsessed With Silkies said.
She has the symptoms, and is probably dehydrated.
Do you have electrolytes?
Rooster Booster makes one that has probiotics and vitamins. You can probably get it at your local tractor supply.

20220618_170212.jpg

I just left Tractor Supply, picked up what they had.

I just left Tractor supply. Picked up what they had.. the Hydro-Hen electrolytes & probiotics.
I would think if she was overheating the rest of my hens would be too. Maybe not, but she was staying in the shade. I'm just not sure if that would be the cause of the other symptoms she's having with her crop

@amberbordelon
Until the experts arrive
Do you still have her inside?
Is she panting? Is she pooping? Did you give her any electrolytes?
How is her color? Does her face, wattles, comb look pale?
Plus, honestly.. if she's over heating I would have no idea how to continue on besides literally keeping her in a/c. I do everything possible to keep them hydrated & cool, summer has just started & it will only get hotter.

I would think if she was overheating the rest of my hens would be too. Maybe not, but she was staying in the shade. I'm just not sure if that would be the cause of the other symptoms she's having with her crop
I would treat for a sour crop issue if your hen’s crop is abnormal, enlarged and squishy. It won’t do any harm to treat for this, but it could save your hen in the meantime

Plus, honestly.. if she's over heating I would have no idea how to continue on besides literally keeping her in a/c. I do everything possible to keep them hydrated & cool, summer has just started & it will only get hotter.
I understand that but One hen may not tolerate the heat as well as another.
A couple of years ago I almost lost one to heat. I brought her in for the day. Put her back out that night. I keep a close eye on her. So far, so good. She hasn't had any other problems.
The electrolytes I suggested have probiotics in them to help prevent Sour crop. You may still need to treat for Sour crop.

Back
Top Bottom