First time dealing with wet pox

Phisch

Songster
Oct 3, 2018
Help! One of our girls has what once was dry pox and is, as of today, wet pox. The pox on her left eye is not a dry scab anymore but lots of liquid is building up in the eye and she can't see out of it. How do I treat it? Iodine is one solution I found plus anti-bacterial spray or Neosporin (not pain-free kind) for poultry. What should the dilution for iodine be? Or should it be straight? Unfortunately, while we were trying to catch her, she scratched at her eye cutting the bottom lid a little. Poor thing.

She's almost 7 months old and is separated from the others. She's also got probiotics, extra vitamins, raw honey, raw apple cider vinegar and garlic in her water. Her feed has some water added so it will get mushy and easier to eat (not sure if there are poxes in her throat). The rest of her dry poxes have been covered with Neosporin.

We've dealt with dry pox before but this is the first time it's turned into wet. Is there anything else, besides vaccinating and not stressing her by chasing her around the yard, that we can do to help her? We've never lost a bird to this and I don't want to have a first time!

Back
Top Bottom