First time duck egg hatch...

Two of them have started to break through the shell this morning. One of them still no progress.. the one membrane looks yellow while the other one is bright white.. i hope thats normal

Attachments

• 20200318_055129.jpg
    20200318_055129.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200318_055151.jpg
    20200318_055151.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 5
White membrane is a good sign, a yellow membrane may indicate a sudden drop in humidity levels. I would pay close attention to the one with the yellow membrane, Only open the incubator when necessary and make sure to keep the humidity high, avoid moving other egg’s around this time too, they can get disoriented and pip in the wrong direction if handled to much, what is your humidity at currently?

Two ducks have hatched.. but one egg has not broken any shell.. should i be helping it .. ?? Its still the airhole I put in ..

Attachments

• 20200318_101419.jpg
    20200318_101419.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200318_100517.jpg
    20200318_100517.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 4
:love Adorable

How long since the baby internally pipped, Do you hear any chirping or movement? When did you make the safety hole? Is this the one with the yellow membrane?

White membrane is a good sign, a yellow membrane may indicate a sudden drop in humidity levels. I would pay close attention to the one with the yellow membrane, Only open the incubator when necessary and make sure to keep the humidity high, avoid moving other egg’s around this time too, they can get disoriented and pip in the wrong direction if handled to much, what is your humidity at currently?
My humidity has been 85 to 90 the past two days and i spray when i have to open to keep it humid?

:love Adorable

How long since the baby internally pipped, Do you hear any chirping or movement? Is this the one with the yellow membrane?
No its not.. the one with the yellow just hatched.. its been 24 hours since i gave this one an air hole and i can here it chirping but ita not breaking through

No its not.. the one with the yellow just hatched.. its been 24 hours since i gave this one an air hole and i can here it chirping but ita not breaking through

If its been 24 hours without any progress, I would slowly start chipping away where you started the safety hole, If you see any blood or red veins stop immediately and put back in the incubator, If the eggs seem dry or sticky you may need to help the duckling. You can apply coconut oil around the membrane of the chick to keep it nice and moist.

Back
Top Bottom