First time duck egg hatch...

Thank you
. Ill try to assist .. hopefully opening the incubator wont hurt the ducks ..

Attachments

• 20200318_102852.jpg
    20200318_102852.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 3
Only chip around the Aircell, the duckling may still be absorbing yolk. If he's is yawing that's a good indicator he is still absorbing. The ducklings should be fine, just let them dry up and pop them in their brooder

Im going to wait a bit and let it do its thing.. i took a little peice of shell off and i dont see duck.. just membrane which is weird cause he was internally pipped two days ago.. is it possible they turn cause i can hear him pecking the shell but hes not in the aircell anymore.. eeek im so worried.. also.. what temp should my brooder be at?

Im going to wait a bit and let it do its thing.. i took a little peice of shell off and i dont see duck.. just membrane which is weird cause he was internally pipped two days ago.. is it possible they turn cause i can hear him pecking the shell but hes not in the aircell anymore.. eeek im so worried.. also.. what temp should my brooder be at?

Do you see any bruising on the other side of the egg?How did the membrane look? 90-92f for the first few days

Just keep waiting...Best advice I can give you..

Even if duckling isn’t in the air cell any longer? I’d say this duckling needs some help as of now! Just chipping away enough she’ll you can try an find the bill being extremely careful like @MasterOfClucker said.

I agree, Good chance the duckling is trying to pip on the wrong end too, in that case, they might need to be assisted.

Back
Top Bottom