First time Duckling Owner with some concerns about the baby...

Aww, I'm soooooo sorry for your loss. I just finished reading the entire thread right now. Sent the chills down my body when I read what happened. It's always hard to lose a companion, even if they were with you for a short time. The strong bond, will never be broken as long as they stay in your heart as I'm sure widddle wibs will be in yours. Hang in there.

Just so y'all know, I really appreciate the support right now. It's been a very stressful week, between Wibbles and school starting and everything else. It's just nice to know I'm not totally alone here.

I'm still just destroyed over this. Every time I think about it all, it just washes over me again. I miss her little face, peering out from the paper towel curtain over her EcoGlow, and how she would watch my hand hopefully when I would wiggle my fingers at her. I miss watching her splash and play in the water, and having to catch her when she decided to come running out of her tub and make a break for it. I miss having to sneak to bed after dark so she wouldn't wake up and peep for attention. I miss accidentally waking her up anyway and having to sit by the brooder with her little wing in my hand until she fell back to sleep. Most of all, I miss when she would snuggle up warm in my hands and nibble at my fingers until she dozed off, content. She was so full of life and such a character! My first duck, the only egg to develop of 18, the little ducky that could. I will never forget my experience with her, nor will I let this make me give up on the idea of adding ducks to my flock. I have some things to consider for now.

Anyway, I'm rambling at this point. Don't mind me.

Back
Top Bottom