First Time For Everything!!

UrbanFarmGirl13

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Just introducing myself. Last week 6 chicks came via express mail. This is the first time I've ever had chickens and even the first time I've met one in person! Sadly one chick did not survive but a few hours as, we believe she had something wrong with her GI tract. The other chicks seem to be doing great! We have 2 barred rocks, a white crested black polish, a buff brahma bantam, and a white silkie. We also had them sexed in the hopes we would end up with hens as we aren't allowed to have roosters in the city limits. The barred rocks are already looking very different from each other, and I am wondering if one of them will turn out to be a rooster. I'm excited to finally be a part of the BYC community as I have already learned a lot from reading through the forums!

Greetings from Kansas, UrbanFarmGirl13, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard and a member of the poultry community! Hope both BRs turn out to be girls. Don't despair - I have two Cuckoo Marans hens - one looks very roosterish with the big comb, but is a hen. And with yours at this age it is simply too hard to tell. Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom