first time hatcher- havinng trouble regulating my new bator temp

Quote:
ah, i wrote my last post before i saw yours.

i just put some water in it and the humidity is at 45% and climbing but the temperature does seem to have stabled as of now. I guess i will have to wait and let some of that water evaporate...45 is bad right?

anyways im really glad you gave me about three degrees of play, that makes me feel ALOT better.

No 99.5 is correct , little one way or another ok , but your goal on forced air should be 99.5....with LG big thing keep the room temp the same.

45% is ok, nothing to worry about there. Some people say more, some less but all in all that's fine.

I like the ones with the probe too, no one local had them in stock when I wanted them. I really do want to get a pair before my next lot go into lockdown next week. I find the ones I have annoying because if your not on the right angle you can't read them. My babies have already moved the thermometer around and tipped it off it's stand twice today. Fishing through the vent with a piece of wire to flip it back up without opening the 'bator is getting old fast.

okay so all of the thermometers are reading 99.5 EXCEPT the one that came with the bator.
roll.png
since that one doesnt go below 60, i calibrated one of the others and its right on. When i came back (after opening said incubator to retrieve thermometer), the digital one was reading 100.9 after being 99.5 for over an hour. what the heck, i thought the temp would have gone down because i opened the darn thing. (its at 101.8 now) but the thermometer that was calibrated is reading 99.5-100 (its small...).

dude. frustrating. im gonna just let it be though.

so now, assuming everything is as it should be, should i unplug the incubator and plug it in the night before the eggs arrive or something? will it be okay or will i have to screw with it for another two days?

Quote:
awesome, thanks so much. we have a huge restaurant supply shop here, im sure i can find something like that there.

thanks for all of your advice guys, like i said this will be my first and only time doing a hatch and i really appreciate the help (and will probobly be asking for MUCH MORE!)

hide.gif
thats what EVERYONE is telling me when i say that! hahaha. we'll see. if this isnt a successful adventure i may just find it deeply discouraging!

Back
Top Bottom