First time hatching! Ducks

In two hours it will have hit the 24 hour mark, still no actual hole or zip, it wobbles and chirps every once in awhile, but then is still, what do I do? Still wait?

It has made the initial little crack to get air, so it's ok for quite awhile. Sometimes they can take a little longer than usual after that initial pip (couple days). They do have to make sure they've absorbed all of their yolk and are 100% ready to hatch before they continue. They also tend to rest alot between steps in the hatching process (it is very tiring for them), so I still wouldn't be concerned just yet. As long as it's still moving and peeping in there it's ok. :)

Have any of the others pipped yet?

I did open the lid real quick to spray them with water though, 100°, the condensation was gone, so it seemed dry in there

The egg on the left finally did, it is day 32 for it

That's great! Did it pip near the brown spot, or in a more normal area? Don't worry too much about it being day 32 already since they are all running late due to the lower temps. Were these eggs due to hatch on different days, because I thought they'd only be on day 30 now? Just going by your first post.

I did open the lid real quick to spray them with water though, 100°, the condensation was gone, so it seemed dry in there

I'll let it slide this time. ;) It sounds like they did need the extra humidity. Now, just sit back and wait for the magic to happen! :)

The left egg was put in two days earlier then the two on the right, only because my duck skipped a few days of laying lol.
Still nothing on the middle egg, it moved last night, but hasn't today, no progress.
Yes the left egg cracked right on the brown spot.

Ok, not too happy about the middle guy not making any more progress yet. You haven't seen it move since last night? Have you heard it peeping at all?

Just in case, have you read through this page?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

It has alot of information about when/if you need to assist eggs when hatching. That left guy pipping so low in the egg indicates it is likely malpositioned and MAY need help later on. Just read through this link so you know what to expect. Sometimes they hatch out just fine on their own, but sometimes they don't and need help. Middle guy is concerning me now as well, especially since you haven't seen him move. Just want you to be prepared, but I'm hoping these guys will hatch out soon for you!

My third egg finally broke the shell.
First egg is making more progress then second one, it broke the shell and I can see the outer membrane, it is white though, not clear.
The second egg has moved a little bit a few minutes ago, but still has not made a true hole, it has cracked the shell in three different spots, but no hole, I can see a little bit of the membrane, it is kinda brown.

This is the progress of the first egg, I can't get any pictures of the second, it did kinda spaz out though, it looked like it was forcefully trying to kick the shell, wobbling I mean.

Back
Top Bottom