First time hatching eggs ever

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bluenkimchi, Sep 14, 2012.

1. bluenkimchi

bluenkimchi Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    Hi all, i'm new, don't know if this the right area to post this but here goes.I made a simple homemade styrofoam incubator out of recycle materials i found lying around in my house. It consists of a styrofoam ice chest, old lamp with the socket remove to fit in the cooler, digital thermometer, water dish and a viewing window. I set a dozen of eggs that are 1/2 silkie eggs and 1/2 ameraucna eggs and out of that i got 3 ameraucana eggs to hatch(i know that's a low hatch rate but it was my first time ever making a homemade incubator and incubating eggs), honestly i was surprised i even hatch anything, wasn't expecting any thing then 21 days later there were 3 little chicks peeping their head off in the bathroom. Well here's some pictures of the chicks for you guys to enjoy savoring at.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's awesome! [​IMG] They are soooo cute! By the way, [​IMG] and [​IMG] ! Enjoy!!!

3. bluenkimchi

Sep 13, 2012
    thanks glad you like them aren't they just that cutest thing [​IMG]

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Hey, Welcome To BYC!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] That baby looks adorable! Congrats! [​IMG]

5. bluenkimchi

Sep 13, 2012
    thanks, i'm even more proud of the fact that i even hatch[​IMG] them in a simple home made incubator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by