First time hatching eggs

Angileen

Songster
Oct 5, 2019
Minnesota, USA
I bought a Hova Bator this year. First time ever hatching eggs. Put the eggs in 2 days ago. Any tips or tricks. I believe my Hova Bator is the 2370 model with egg turner and forced heat. Does the temperature stay pretty even in this type of incubator? I do not have a separate thermometer to place inside. The humidity is staying around 50 to 51 percent and temp. says 99.8 to 100 degrees.

Attachments

• Incubator Eggs.jpg
    Incubator Eggs.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 6
ive never seen a hovabator with that turner but mines consistent set once and forget about it until lockdown lol

I forget what brand mine was. It was made in China. I got rid of it cause the cord had a short in it. It kept on going off. We did manage to hatch out a lot of baby chicks though. Gave away all of them but two. I named one Thursday [Silver Duckwing mix ] and the other Wednesday,[ BB. Red mix]. I kept 7 of them that last time I incubated and I named them all the days of the week. Two roosters and 5 hens. The roosters were Sunday and Saturday. They cried all the time if I wasn't by the box. I even had to sleep next to them with my hand in there. They were so sweet. They followed me around everywhere. Now Wednesday doesn't care if I even say hello. BB. Red trait and Thursday jumps on me occasionally but she is still her own chicken and wants to left alone. Any way, sorry for getting off the subject. Lol. My incubator I think I kept it around 100 degrees and the humidity around 65, I think. It's been about 2 years. When it was time for them to hatch I raised the humidity to 90, If I remember correctly. I hatched out about 90% of them. I incubated 3 times.

Back
Top Bottom