Day 21 and no pips or movement

Jun 2, 2023
Hello, today is day 21 and I haven’t heard any Chirps or seen any eggs moving around. I have a batch of 24 bantam eggs in my NR 360. They were at 50-60% humidity until day 17 and then I bumped it up to about 70%. The temps been steady at 99.8. We had a power outage for no more than 2 hours on day 10 but they have all continued to develop. I have done about 6 hatches in this incubator and they have always started hatching a day early. Is there a reason I’m not seeing any movement yet? Should I be worried?

Did you set them late in the day this time? I forget when I do that to not count that day.

Also, do you have a hygrometer/thermometer or two to check your incubator? I have two, both are off on the temp. If not, I'd double-check it to be sure as perhaps it's lower than you think.

Otherwise, I'd give it another 12/24 hours before I got too worried.

Did you set them late in the day this time? I forget when I do that to not count that day.

Also, do you have a hygrometer/thermometer or two to check your incubator? I have two, both are off on the temp. If not, I'd double-check it to be sure as perhaps it's lower than you think.

Otherwise, I'd give it another 12/24 hours before I got too worried.
Thank you I think I set them around 5 pm. It’s possible I counted as day one. I don’t have additional thermometer/ hygrometers as I don’t really have room to put one in there.
However 2 eggs have started pipping!

Thank you I think I set them around 5 pm. It’s possible I counted as day one. I don’t have additional thermometer/ hygrometers as I don’t really have room to put one in there.
However 2 eggs have started pipping!
You don't need to put them in there when the eggs are in there, it's to calibrate them before you put the eggs in. Once they are set, the temps will go up and down slightly. If you ever get one, Govee is a good brand and you can get cheaper versions but I buy the kind that has the app on my phone so I can check the humidity/temps from anywhere.

Glad to hear they started pipping!!

You don't need to put them in there when the eggs are in there, it's to calibrate them before you put the eggs in. Once they are set, the temps will go up and down slightly. If you ever get one, Govee is a good brand and you can get cheaper versions but I buy the kind that has the app on my phone so I can check the humidity/temps from anywhere.

Glad to hear they started pipping!!
Oh I never thought of doing it that way! I do actually have Govee monitors for our reptiles. I could easily borrow one to check calibrations the next hatch. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom