First time hatching eggs

Bondo Chicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
Kirkwood, New York
It's our first time hatch eggs on our own. I just wanted to THANKS for all the information everyone has shared on this forum. It help SOOO much. The questions from other people are that same questions we had. It's so wonderful to see how the chicks know what to do. (Better than we do). What a great Creator we have.

It's our first time hatch eggs on our own. I just wanted to THANKS for all the information everyone has shared on this forum. It help SOOO much. The questions from other people are that same questions we had. It's so wonderful to see how the chicks know what to do. (Better than we do). What a great Creator we have.
Have you finished your hatch, or just starting?

Welcome to the group!!

Last edited:
We are on day 18 and was surprise when 2 started braking their shell this morning. Three more have started now I'm thinking we are off on our count of days. Can't wait to see them all.

We are on day 18 and was surprise when 2 started braking their shell this morning. Three more have started now I'm thinking we are off on our count of days. Can't wait to see them all.
What day of the week did you set on, and are your temps just a touch high? Sounds like everything is going good, that's just earlier than I've ever had

We're thinking we had the temp a little to high. We tried to keep it at 99 degrees, sometimes it went higher. We started them on a Thursday that's way we didn't think it would be time for hatching.

We're thinking we had the temp a little to high. We tried to keep it at 99 degrees, sometimes it went higher. We started them on a Thursday that's way we didn't think it would be time for hatching.
If you set on a Thursday, today is day 21. Right on schedule
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom