First Time Hatching - incubator edition

Well, that’s good. Just wish it was easier to see into the dark brown eggs. Also kind of disappointed with #19....surprised the boys missed one lol. Do you think #8 will be fine? It’s air cell was more on the side ( saddled? ). It doesn’t move but I didn’t know if it’s position was going to cause problems?
At day 5 its hard to really tell if the eggs is dark.. I don't see any problems. Doing just fine!

Welp, my brother’s boss wants 6 pullets.....i’m probably going to have to incubate another set right after this. What are the chances of getting 16 pullets out of this hatch? lol

Are you placing the point ends away from the plastic walls? Big side points into the walls, meant to say air cells. Sometimes it can happen. Even when i done this many times. If you watch you see the bigger side lift up.

Last edited:
Are you placing the point ends away from the plastic walls? Big side points away from the walls. Sometimes it can happen. Even when i done this many times. If you watch you see the bigger side lift up.

I'm not sure I understand. I always fill my incubator with the air cell on the outside of the turner, toward the plastic walls.

7-18-20 (3).JPG

From looking it this? Do you think the middle eggs turn less?

EDIT: They turn less in the center, my head was apparently on backward when I wrote this. lol 🤦‍♀️ Just flip my comment around.

They actually turn more because the circle is smaller. So instead of a 1/4 turn it's a 1/2 turn but the size of the egg would make a difference and whether an egg slips a bit would also. The rotation of each egg isn't exactly precise every single rotation but they turn well enough in both the interior and the exterior ring. If you mark each egg on the side you would see that by the end of the day that they won't retain the identical rotation. It's the same you would expect from a broody hen when she resettles and moves eggs. :)
I just like organizing my eggs, lol, a regular sized egg will still fit in the center ring but they are slightly smaller slots.

Last edited:
Here is my mad eggs, pay no mind to the marks on the eggs, it just for time when place the in eggs incubator and were the chick side was form from. i move my eggs around a lot, seems to work for me, i can get almost all to hatch, if power does not go down?

I pick the eggs out from shape of the eggs and most time i get less rooster. And sometimes i wish i just not do it that way. seems for me the long pointed ones was roosters? Im test this time and see what the outcome of sex i get from all 30 eggs. by the way i have 3 incubators going to get this number. out 22 here, only 3 was not fertile.

1609967002718.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom