FIRST TIME HATCHING OUT OF AN INCUBATOR-NEED A LITTLE ADVICE PLEASE

jen61871

Songster
8 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Reinholds, PA
Hi! Today is one happy day!!! My chicks are hatching :ya:wee:celebrateSo far anyway, everything is happening exactly like it's supposed too. 8 chicks have hatched so far! Now, I need a little advice. If you look in the 2 pictures of the inside of my incubator you will see a good amount of eggs on one side and less on the other. Which means the majority of the hatching so far is happening on one side. Is this normal? Or could something be wrong? I have a is it called a circulated air heater? It has a fan. And NOTHING was done differently on one side of the incubator. Thanks for your advice in advance. Today is a happy day.......:wee:wee:wee
IMG_7948.JPG
IMG_7949.JPG

Congrats! :celebrate

If you rotated them to different places throughout incubation to ensure even development... since even with the fan temps seem to vary throughout the bator, then I think that's about it. :confused:

However, you don't notice it being a certain breed or even the earlier laid dates hatching first? Just simply one half... possibly that half is slightly warmer increasing development a hint... and only hours will separate them?

Oh wait... once hatching starts and a good amount of chicks are there they can start bowling the other eggs out of their original position too. :barnie

How many are you expecting total? :wee

Back
Top Bottom