First time hatching silkies in incubator

The first chick is still the same even after making different supports for her legs. But my second that hatched yesterday is just fine, no leg issues or anything. So I don't know. It's kind of hard to make a support for its legs that'll actually work and stay because they're so tiny
1f614.png

I don't think I'll be trying to hatch anymore silkies myself after these 2, I'll let the momma hen do her job. In fact, I think after my blue Orpingtons hatch in 2 weeks, the incubator is being put away for a while lol.

A lot of folks buy silkies deliberately to have a broody that can hatch other breed eggs for them. I have never incubated, too complicated for a simple mind such as mine.

I've heard of that too. They're great sitters but mine isn't interested at all. She has 10 eggs in her little nest now but just doesn't feel like sitting on them her mate is always pushing the eggs in a nice neat pile but she just isn't ready yet I suppose
1f60c.png
. And you're right it's very complicated that's why I'm putting it away for a while lol

Back
Top Bottom