First time hatching.

My very last eggs were nice and cozy in an incubator and I had 3 power outages. I had to use hand warmers to keep-m' warm til the electric came back on. I don't see a problem with you building a bigger bator, sometimes you do what you gotta do, just keep an eye out.

16/17 hatched in this batch, although momma had some. It was cold and the hen was too small to take all when power went out.

Last edited:
ok, well I think I need to build a bigger incubator for lockdown but by the time I got home with another light fixture I am too tired to run the drill. Turning the eggs, and I think putting a bowl of water with sponge in to start raising the humidity tonight, tomorrow is day 18. The 11 watt bulb is doing ok holding at 100 to 102 (put styrofoam over viewing plexiglass)

Here is the current and hopefully temp stable for tonight incubator.

Have you candled the eggs?

It looks like you need a little more room to hatch so candling and removing duds might be a option. When a chick hatches it pushes the top of the egg outwards. If the top of the egg is tight against other eggs then it will struggle to get out. If you can not find the room then consider hatching upright in a egg tray (pointy end down).

I would agree gpop! looks kinda crowded in there, of course people always have to put in more then you will end up with because of the clear egg pulls or what have you.

I am currently down to six.( I am on day 7 I pulled my last clear, the blue. replaced by another tan egg. it was hard to see in egg because of thick shell, when broke open there was nothing in side) 6 for me is a good number, I can fit more in my incubator, but the more eggs you have the more heat gets lost in the turning. If you hand turn.

I candled at 7 days, no clear ones. Built a 10x20 Coleman I no a bigger bator last night. 2 holes drilled forlights, 1/4 inch hardware cloth floor so I can put warm water bars under it, over twice the space and hopefully better temp control with 2 lamps. Moving when light in and warmed, 2nd light is their current one

my tablet said it sent it, but it's an android so it didn't send anything without the assistance of 3 layers of gmail and google wanting everything to run through them. I will not bother to use that camera again, takes fairly bad pics anyway

white egg near the top. Moved them into the bigger plastic cooler with 2 bulbs and switched outside so I can turn one off and leave other on if I need to. One has 11 watt bulb, one has a 15.

Back
Top Bottom