First Time Hen!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ashley Collier, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Ashley Collier

Ashley Collier New Egg

Feb 10, 2014
    Hello all!

My name is Ashley & I'm in the last stages of my very first incubation of chicken eggs. Quite excited! I've referenced BYC very often to answer any questions I've had and have found the site very informative and the other members very friendly and supportive. What a wonderful network!

A little about myself:
    My husband and I just got married in June of 2013 and we moved to a small city in northwest Texas, from a larger city in south Texas. We have two cats, Lindy & Laces, and hope to get a dog soon, after we move into an actual house with a private back yard. My husband, Jacob, just finished his bachelors degree in December of 2013 and will begin graduate school this fall. I'm taking school a little slower and have opted for an online university to finish my degree in veterinary technology. I plan to become a marine mammal veterinarian---one day... when I grow up. [​IMG] For now, we are content. I work in the animal department at a local children's museum. I handle snakes, sharks, fish, chameleons, bearded dragons, monitors, prairie dogs, and much more daily. Love my job and all God has blessed my husband and me with.

I look forward to interacting with all the wonderful members on BYC! Best of luck to everyone with their projects. [​IMG]

Ashley Collier

2. Hello Ashley. and good luck with your incubation!

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your hatch. That sounds like a really interesting job.

5. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright Ashley, [​IMG] great to have you here in the flock [​IMG]

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. Good luck with your hatch!

8. herechilychiky

herechilychiky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2014
    Central Fla.
    Hi Ashley! Welcome to BYC!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by