1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First time here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sandie0067, Feb 27, 2014.

1. sandie0067

sandie0067 New Egg

Feb 21, 2014
    Massachusettes
    Hi everyone -- I just wanted to say hello and let you know a bit about me. I live in Massachusetts, and have had a small flock of chickens for the last year. My current flock contains 4 bantams, 2 R.I.reds, 1 self blue Polish girl, 2 light brahmas, 1 barred rock, 1 beardless silkie roo and 2 americanaus. quite the variety but did not know what to settle on for a specific breed, which I wanted to do. I love them all and my 3 roosters get along great.
    I just bought my first incubator - a Brinsea Octogon 20 Advance -- I am so excited because I have 12 Blue partridge brahma eggs arriving in two weekst and the incubator I am borrowing is just 'ok'. I have decided to concentrate on the Blue Partridge Brahma chickens -- absolutely LOVE them and hope to eventually have a wonderful flock of them.

I'm sure I'll be on here looking for all sorts of advice -- thank you to all of you who had posted threads about the Brinsea Incubators -- it's what made me decide to purchase one.

I also have 3 pekin ducks, 1 China goose and my black Spanish turkey (hen) who is named Ozzie. She is so funny because she displays all the time but she is a girl. :) So friendly -- she loves to come inside and hang out with us with her two Brahma 'sisters' and have treats in the kitchen.

Sandy

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright Sandy, [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Good luck with all your hatches and poultry adventures!

And welcome to BYC!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your hatch!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck hatching those Brahma eggs.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I've never seen that color Brahma - must be beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by