First time incubater 😊

Pics

Geraldsfamily

Chirping
Apr 22, 2021
Hello!
We’ve decided to attemp to incubate and hatch duck eggs. We have an Automatic Digital 7 Egg Incubator And 4 duck eggs on the way, I’m doing allot of research but looking for as much personal advice and experience as possible, thank you! 😊

@Mellowmalt how may would you recommend putting in? The incubator states it can house duck eggs but do you think perhaps 3 would be better? And if so can I incubate all 4 for the first week to give ourselves the best chance?
amd what sort of incubator would you recommend?
I suppose as it’s the first time we will have tried I didn’t want to spend a fortune but if this attempt fails I will spend out on a better incubator.
@Quailchickenpigeon i will look into the nurture right if this one doesn’t do well!

Hello!
We’ve decided to attemp to incubate and hatch duck eggs. We have an Automatic Digital 7 Egg Incubator And 4 duck eggs on the way, I’m doing allot of research but looking for as much personal advice and experience as possible, thank you! 😊
Hi there! I'm not the most experienced person on here, but I'm sure I could give you some tips. I hatch duck eggs as well and it it so much fun!! Which incubator are you using? If your eggs are shipped, let them sit on your counter for at least 24 hours point end down in a carton. This allows everything to settle in the egg and warm up the eggs a bit. If you put them straight in, the embryos will go into shock and most likely wont hatch. Make sure you run your incubator for at least 12 hours prior to getting your eggs, shipped or not. This allows it time to stabilize and warm up. I like to run mine 24-48 hours. I personally keep my humidity at 55% the first 25 days. Once I go into lockdown I bump it up to 60%, and then once I spot a pip, I raise it to 70-75%. I don't like to drop the temp when I go into lockdown. A member on here, MGG informed me all it does is slow down the hatching process and i find it to be true. Besides, ducks are the slowest hatching bird so I don't like to slow it down anymore! 🤣 Anyway, best of luck with your hatch and let me know if you have any questions, I'll try to help the most I can!

- Zach

Back
Top Bottom