First time incubater 😊

I couldn’t resist having a little peek this evening, we’re on day 5 of incubation and 3 of our 4 eggs we can see very strong and clear veins developing and.... little heartbeats 🥰🐣
Now it’s just a waiting game!

congrats Geraldsfamily, I think you actually went with one of the best budget incubators for the price I've seen so far.
I've been eyeing up this one https://www.littlepeckers.co.uk/p/corti-25-egg-incubator

which is a £180 incubator on other sites and they do free delivery but their customer service is nonexistent, their warehouse is a joke, they sent my last order out twice, won't complain about it but their reviews have suffered because they give no delivery updates and make mistakes.
Still the incubator has got great reviews and the price is worth it. Actually holds far more eggs than I'd ever need, if I had known about it beginning of the year it's the one I would have gotten.
They do some decent feeders - you want to get ones with lips otherwise with most generic feeders food gets spilt everywhere.

Just an update, all 3 viable eggs seem to be developing well and we have seen the embryos moving in all of them during candling this evening 🥰
I just want to ask (as we’re getting incredibly excited) what percentage of eggs that are developing well generally hatch? I feel like I need to be prepared just incase as it’s our first time incubating!

Just an update, all 3 viable eggs seem to be developing well and we have seen the embryos moving in all of them during candling this evening 🥰
I just want to ask (as we’re getting incredibly excited) what percentage of eggs that are developing well generally hatch? I feel like I need to be prepared just incase as it’s our first time incubating!
I’m not quite sure. I believe the general rule is 50%, but the first time I incubated shipped eggs (3 yrs ago) I had a 95% hatch rate. Only one didn’t hatch, but it’s different for everyone.

Hello @Crazy Duck Lover!
I have some good news and some really awful sad bad new too.
I’ll start off with the bad to get it out of the way....
I was candling 3 nights ago and as usual taking one by one carefully through to the next room for full darkness as I usually do and on the 3rd egg out little dog had done a wee on the floor and due to the darkness I didn’t see it. I slipped on it and dropped the poor baby egg which smashed and died 😢 I was so devastated. We had a little funeral for it and buried it in the garden.
The good news....
The other 2 eggs seem to be thriving! I candled them last night and they’re getting bigger and stronger by the day with lots of movement!
we’re currently on day 16.

I slipped on it and dropped the poor baby egg which smashed and died
Oh no i’m so sorry! I’ve done it before and it was very sad.

The other 2 eggs seem to be thriving! I candled them last night and they’re getting bigger and stronger by the day with lots of movement!
Ahhh so exciting! I can’t wait to see pics of babies!! Next time you candle, post some pictures! It makes me so excited seeing candling pics!

Wishing you the best for the rest of the incubation! 🐣🦆

It’s awful isn’t it, I was genuinely devastated. It was so incredibly well developed too just such a sad situation. Sorry that it’s happened to you before too.
I’m even more nervous now then I was before and keeping everything crossed for the last 2 babies!
I will do 😊 and thank you very much! I’ll keep you updated 😊
Completely new here but the advice so far has been invaluable!

Back
Top Bottom