First time incubating and hatching.. Looking for advice ,mixed eggs?..

Buille mo Chroi

Hatching
Apr 14, 2021
Ireland
Firstly hellooo..!
I find the discussions on this site so informative and helpful and I'm excited to join..
Although iv had birds befor this is my first time incubating and hatching eggs !!
I have a brinsea octagon 40DX and have a heat plate brooder on the way.
Day 1 I put in 3 duck and 3 goose eggs , then I was given 2 chicken and 18 quail eggs which I added to the incubator on day 7.
If my research is right the chicken and duck ect will stop turning on day 25 which will only be day 18 for the chicken eggs but I'm aware that the quail will be "hopefully" hatching by then...? Maybe

I was wondering could I remove the quail and put them into "lockdown" under the heat plate as I dont want to interfer with the other eggs which will still be rotating..?
I dont have Hope's for a big hatch rate but want to try my best..(I'd be happy with 2 duck and two chics to start)
I candeled the duck and goose eggs on day 7 and I know two ducks are definitely evolving but am unsure about the third duck and all 3 goose eggs.

Any advise would be so much appreciated..

The problem is the different types of eggs hatch at different times... so I’m not sure how that will work out with lockdown. I truly don’t know, I have my first eggs in an incubator right now and am trying to learn as much as possible. I hope someone comes along soon with better advice.

The problem is the different types of eggs hatch at different times... so I’m not sure how that will work out with lockdown. I truly don’t know, I have my first eggs in an incubator right now and am trying to learn as much as possible. I hope someone comes along soon with better advice.
I know it's not the most ideal situation but I thought why not give them a chance...
Next time i will be incubating the eggs in seperate batches so i have a little more control.
Good luck with your eggs...:)

Back
Top Bottom