First time incubating duck eggs. What does the humidity need to be to hatch?

What kind of incubator do you have? You probably don't want to open it if it is a styrofoam type because all of the humidity will get out. You will risk shrink wrapping the other ducks hatching making it more difficult for them to hatch on their own. Is he moving around at all? You might have to wait until the others hatch. If he hasn't fully absorbed the yolk my concern would be for keeping him clean, but if you open the incubator and let all the humidity out you risk losing the others. That is a hard one. If he is moving around the shell will get caught on something and it will probably come off. Did he hatch on his own???

What kind of incubator do you have? You probably don't want to open it if it is a styrofoam type because all of the humidity will get out. You will risk shrink wrapping the other ducks hatching making it more difficult for them to hatch on their own. Is he moving around at all? You might have to wait until the others hatch. If he hasn't fully absorbed the yolk my concern would be for keeping him clean, but if you open the incubator and let all the humidity out you risk losing the others. That is a hard one. If he is moving around the shell will get caught on something and it will probably come off. Did he hatch on his own???
He hatched on his own. It's a little giant incubator

He should be able to get out on his own.
The little one that has already hatched looks like he might need to absorb more. Once they all hatch I would open up the incubator and lay some clean damp paper towel on the bottom. I've helped ducks hatch before, and had it go both ways, but if you can wait and let them do it on there own. Sometimes there is a reason they can't get out of the shell.

He should be able to get out on his own.
The little one that has already hatched looks like he might need to absorb more. Once they all hatch I would open up the incubator and lay some clean damp paper towel on the bottom. I've helped ducks hatch before, and had it go both ways, but if you can wait and let them do it on there own. Sometimes there is a reason they can't get out of the shell.
I have 4 more duck eggs in the incubator. You can hear them inside, one has picked through a little. This is day 30 should I try and help them or leave the and let them try on their own?? Help!

I will let someone else offer advice. Assisting can go both ways. If I do help. I just take off enough shell so they can work their way out on their own. I put a damp paper towel around the egg with the opening uncovered to they can get out when they are ready. Just remember when you have a Little Giant Incubator every time you lift that lid off you lose humidity. Good luck to you. Please keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom