First time incubating duck eggs. What does the humidity need to be to hatch?

Hlb34

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2018
They have picked through the egg. You can see their bill, but it looks like it's dry. What do I do?

Sometimes I take a wet warm Q-Tip and moisten the area around the pip. I have also wrapped it up in a warm, damp paper towel to add moisture. This is only after giving it every opportunity to hatch on its own. Humidity I use at hatching is 65

Is this normal with duck eggs?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 5
Sometimes I take a wet warm Q-Tip and moisten the area around the pip. I have also wrapped it up in a warm, damp paper towel to add moisture. This is only after giving it every opportunity to hatch on its own. Humidity I use at hatching is 65
One duckling looks like it's dragging its egg shell around with it. What do i do??

It may still be attached. It should fall off. You might want to check to see if it is totally absorbed. If not I would leave it in the incubator when you take the rest out. I usually lay a clean damp paper towel down so nothing will stick to him and hopefully he will absorb everything today. It is hard knowing without a picture or knowing if there are still more ducks in your incubator hatching.

It may still be attached. It should fall off. You might want to check to see if it is totally absorbed. If not I would leave it in the incubator when you take the rest out. I usually lay a clean damp paper towel down so nothing will stick to him and hopefully he will absorb everything today. It is hard knowing without a picture or knowing if there are still more ducks in your incubator hatching.

It's not a very good pic but this is the ducking. There are two more in the incubator tryin to break through.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 6
Here is one of the other duckling that is tryin to hatch. I was wanting to know if this is okay or do I need to try to get it out myself??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom