First time incubating duck eggs

5ducks

Songster
Jun 20, 2021
I am trying to hatch duck eggs for the first time. I don’t think there’s much of a chance of them hatching but I’m trying anyway. I have a couple that are really dirty, should I clean them before incubating or will the bloom protect the eggs from bacteria? Also I’ve seen mixed answers on the humidity level for the incubator, should I start with 35-45% humidity or should it be higher? Any other tips or advice is appreciated as well, I’m completely new to this.

Have you read this?
The Beginner's Guide to Incubation

The Beginner's Guide to Incubation This guide is intended to help people new to incubation learn how to properly incubate and hatch eggs. It will walk you through how to incubate and hatch most common types of poultry, such as chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, etc. Choosing an Incubator...

Have you read this?

The Beginner's Guide to Incubation This guide is intended to help people new to incubation learn how to properly incubate and hatch eggs. It will walk you through how to incubate and hatch most common types of poultry, such as chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, etc. Choosing an Incubator...
I had not, thank you so much

Incubation Humidity

Incubation Humidity

Relative Humidity (RH) “humidity” – simplified, is the amount of moisture present, relative to the amount that would be present if the air were totally saturated. This is usually expressed as a percentage and is measured with a “hygrometer”. RH can also be measured with a wet-dry-bulb...

Hi, thank you. I have the 9300 still air little giant incubator
How are temps holding? I've used that model and found that it had major temperature swings. Would definitely recommend an independent thermometer and hygrometer if you don't already have them - the digital display readings on mine were significantly inaccurate.

Best of luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom