First Time Incubating Eggs

sswee391

Hatching
Sep 19, 2019
Hello! This is my first time incubating chicken eggs (or eggs in general). I was given the eggs last Friday and was told I could just put them under a 40-watt bulb. I did that and noticed the eggs were not getting warm, so I bought an incubator. I put the eggs in the incubator last night. My question is, do I count last week in the 21 days or start it last night/today? I want to make sure I'm not flipping them when I shouldn't be. Thanks for your help!

You should candle them and see if there is any development, and we can usually get a rough guesstimate as to how old they are by candling pics.

Sounds good! I will open up the egg candler I just got and see how it works. :) Is there a website you recommend with good pictures of what they look like at each age?

Good incubator. Sometimes folks run out and grab the least expensive ones that set them up for failure when it comes to hatching.
With the candler and a good incubator, youre well on your way to success.

Screenshot_20190321-133128_Google.jpg

This is what i have available at the moment.

Good incubator. Sometimes folks run out and grab the least expensive ones that set them up for failure when it comes to hatching.
With the candler and a good incubator, youre well on your way to success.
That's really good to know!! The one thing I can't figure out about the incubator is how it flips the eggs...

Back
Top Bottom