First time incubating have questions

I am in lockdown mode and today I heard a chirp from one of the eggs! Three eggs had to be discarded as there was nothing in them. The other 8 are full and hope to have some chicks real soon. The brooder is ready for them.

I am in lockdown mode and today I heard a chirp from one of the eggs! Three eggs had to be discarded as there was nothing in them. The other 8 are full and hope to have some chicks real soon. The brooder is ready for them.
Glad to hear things are going well so far. If you are hearing them at least some of them have internally pipped and next you should see some external pips. Just be patient it can take up to 24hrs after external pip to zip and fully hatch. Sounds like you should have some littles to put in that brooder. :thumbsup

I heard a chirp in at least One of mine too and I think it's trying to peck out of the shell. Per my calendar, we're at day 19. So my next questions are: 1) How long does it normally take the chicks to get out of the shell? 2) How old do they need to be when you integrate into the flock? Thanks!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I heard a chirp in at least One of mine too and I think it's trying to peck out of the shell. Per my calendar, we're at day 19. So my next questions are: 1) How long does it normally take the chicks to get out of the shell? 2) How old do they need to be when you integrate into the flock? Thanks!

[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom