First time incubating, need guidance with Brinsea Mini settings

Scoutmedic

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 28, 2012
South-Central Texas
A few months ago, I picked up a Brinsea Mini Advance incubator. I finally got around to opening it up and it looks really neat. I've ordered some bantam hatching eggs and set up the incubator already ahead of time, but not sure how it should be set. Can anyone help with your settings for this incubator? This is my first hatch ever.

Thanks!!!

A few months ago, I picked up a Brinsea Mini Advance incubator. I finally got around to opening it up and it looks really neat. I've ordered some bantam hatching eggs and set up the incubator already ahead of time, but not sure how it should be set. Can anyone help with your settings for this incubator? This is my first hatch ever.

Thanks!!!
The temp is preset. All you have to set is the timer and turner according to the directions. If you don't have directions, you can find them on the Brinsea site. Brinseas are really easy to use.

Yes, you can google the directions. I just set mine for the second time a couple of days ago. I'll try to remember. I think you push the + and - at the same time. That brings up the menu. It should be factory preset for chicken eggs. If not, use the + or - to properly set the time, temp, turning, etc.

Mine is set for 21 days, temp 37.5*c and turns every 45 minutes. Put some water in the center., enough to fill one side. Wait until lockdown and remove the turner.

Good luck!

I followed the instructions provided with the unit, but it was just a general guide. The default settings were for 40 days, auto turn on for 45 sec at 1, temp 99.5F. Since chicks incubate for 21 days, I was concerned about the rest of the defaults.

I'm in the same boat! Just got my mini advanced last week and when I read the instruction book I was overwhelmed with the same concerns. I think I'm going to program my own settings just to be safe. I've also read that you should turn on the cooling feature. I hope more people reply, it's not as simple for us first-timers.
idunno.gif

Well, I set my bantam Cochin eggs today. I set the days to 21, left the temp alone, adjusted the turn to angle 6 at 60 min intervals, and set the eggs. We'll see how it goes!!

Kenneth

Well, my first chick hatched early this morning. Had to take him out this evening and put him in the brooder cause he was beating up the other eggs. This one is from my mixed flock.

Another one is pipping now. Hope to wake to a few new chicks!!!

Thank you.

I had to go to Tractor Supply this morning for a waterer. I picked up a quail base for the baby chicks. And then the unthinkable happened...6 new chicks found their way into my cart. What to do, what to do. Well, they came home too.

I'll keep posting as more are hatched.

Back
Top Bottom