First time incubating, need reassurance…

I have a nurture right 360 incubator and am on day 2 of lockdown. There are 6 eggs inside and before lockdown my humidity was stable near 50% the whole time. Now, on lockdown, I opened the vent all the way and filled both water ports and the humidity level is around 58-62%. Is this okay or do I need to do something to raise the humidity? I keep reading where oxygen is more important than humidity, so I don’t want to close the vent, but I also don’t want to harm them by not having enough humidity.
It will be fine.

Four have hatched so far. The other two eggs have not pipped yet. Is it okay to take the two chicks out that hatched early this morning and put in brooder? I’ll leave the other two in the incubator overnight because they look like they need more time. I’d like to clean out some of the egg shells, too. Would that harm the eggs that haven’t pipped yet or harm the chicks?

Four have hatched so far. The other two eggs have not pipped yet. Is it okay to take the two chicks out that hatched early this morning and put in brooder? I’ll leave the other two in the incubator overnight because they look like they need more time. I’d like to clean out some of the egg shells, too. Would that harm the eggs that haven’t pipped yet or harm the chicks?
No, it will not harm them just be quick and bring humidity back up in incubator and you will be fine. As long as your brooder is set to right temp and the last two chicks hatched are mostly dry, I would take them out also.

Congrates on your new hatchlings. It's such an enjoyable thing to go through the whole incubating and hatching process and then seeing those littles running around.
Thank you! I really appreciate everyone answering all my questions. I did so much research before starting this whole process, but then I started to question if I was doing it right. It has been amazing watching them through this whole process! I really hope the other two eggs hatch.

Back
Top Bottom